Since I started This I Wear, I’ve realized I will never have enough time to share all the amazing stories and resources I come across in my every day research. So starting today and continuing weekly, I’ll share what I’ve been reading/watching/listening to that I think you might like. Some might be my favorites I’ve shared on Twitter, while others will just be shared here. Since this is a new series, I’d love your feedback on what you like and don’t like and what you’d like to see more of.
– Think How could we apply new programs of limiting food waste to the fashion industry? [“No Simple Recipe for Weighing Food Waste at Mario Batali’s Lupa” via NPR]
– Read The Good Wardrobe launched their “Sew It Forward” campaign in London to share skills like knitting, embroidery, and other handsewing arts that are being passed down less and less in families [Urban Times]
– Read Kaufmann Mercantile explains why they opted out of Black Friday discounting
– Read Design*Sponge kicks off the holiday season with a “No Buy” gift guide and a link to their DIY Archive
– Do Donate children’s clothes (& toys) to Project11 Nola to be given to the kids/teens of Son of a Saint and Pink House
– Listen I can’t get enough of the podcast “After the Jump,” including this episode with Megan Auman, author of In Defense of Stuff
– Love SUNO, a New York-based womenswear collection with a commitment to ethical production and sourcing